OggConvert 0.3.3 released
OggConvert version 0.3.3 “Where did you go…” has been released.
This is the latest version of OggConvert, a simple GTK utility to convert media files to the patent-free Vorbis, Theora, Dirac and now VP8 formats.
What’s new in this version:
- Support for the newly-opened VP8 codec (requires gst-plugins-bad 0.10.18 or newer)
- Support for the WebM container
- Fixes Dirac encoder no longer being detected since it moved packages
- Change the way quality is calcuated for Dirac encoding, hopefully leading to better-looking files
- New translations: Arabic, Danish, Greek, Japanese, Latvian and Romanian, and lots of other translations updated. Many thanks, as always, to the translators.
The source code (executable without installation thanks to Python) can be downloaded from
Please file bugs on Launchpad: